Thursday, May 17, 2007

If you harrass me........I will write!


Life seems to have taken a corner from "I don't have enough to do and I am going batty." to "If I don't spend some time at home and get some quiet time to write and maybe clean a bit, I'll go batty." I'm not sure what happened there, except baseball season started and in my infinite wisdom, I am signing with The Pampered Chef in 2 weeks.

Two times in the past week, I've had friends let me know that my blog needs to be updated. I'm sure the rest of the family has been wondering what the hell is going on up here. I am barely keeping on top of things and my brain seems to have gone mushier. It seems that I am often more blonde than I pay my hairdresser to make me. (does that make sense? think about it, you'll figure it out, 'cause I pay her a lot!)










I've got two product recommendations for you today. The first is a reusable dryer sheet that I got at Home Hardware. I'm not sure if you can get this product in the States. It's by Natura. You put these two cloth things in your dryer that resemble a shirt sleeve sewed shut on one end. This is supposed to eliminate the need for fabric softener. It should be cheaper than buying fabric softener. I'll keep you updated on whether it works or not.



The 2nd product is a shower cleaner. I am all about natural products that don't expose the household to chemicals. However, I was having a hard time getting the mold out of our shower. In their infinite wisdom, the contractors did not put a fan in our master bathroom. Thus, our shower gets moldy. I guess I'm supposed to open the window. This requires stepping into the soaker tub. Not gonna happen on a regular basis. (Now, we do have a fan in our laundry room. Go figure.) I do have to open the window to use this stuff, but it is worth it. You spray it on and head out of the room to do other stuff. Ten minutes later, "poof" no more mold. I use it once a month. Many thanks to my friend, Irene. She put me on to this stuff.




Last night, I made the dough for pirogies and Craig put them together for me. We came to the conclusion that it really is easier to buy them frozen. I had to try to make them as I had extra mashed potatoes and the kids are tired of Shepherd's Pie. I had extra dough, so I am going to try my hand at dessert pirogies next. Bailey is helping Craig in
the kitchen, as there is cheese involved!











Finally, here are some recent pics of the rugrats. Still to come this week, 12 of 12 for May.

3 comments:

Jennifer L said...

I got similar dryer sheets a couple of weeks ago and love them. Just be sure to tell the boys that they are NOT dish cloths or for throwing out! I'll have to try out the scrub free stuff - as our bathroom is the same...must be a year of the houses built thing. glad to see you've updated your blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update..and the new pictures of the boys!!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

You're a natural for Pampered Chef with all the home cooking you and Craig do. I love the pics of the boys, they have grown so much! wow.