Friday, November 02, 2007

Retreat Photos for the OH retreat

This is Michelle. She organized the retreat. Keeping 20 different women happy was no small feat! See below for the rest of the post, Blogger is acting up again.
I spent last weekend in Ohio, with the Internet friends (ax murderers, but that is another story). I drove down on Thursday and spent the night with my Aunt Diane and my cousin, Stacy. I hadn't seen them for way too many years. The house still smelled them same as it did 10 years ago! Bad scrapbooker that I am, I got no photos of them while I was there. Stacy and I did tip a few Canadian Smirnoff Twisters. We had a great girl's gab session. The next morning, I went shopping. What a great way to start the day.

I drove to the little town of Berlin, OH for the retreat. Right in the heart of Amish Country. Windy roads, hills, beautiful trees. And rain. And the feeling that I was going to come over a hill and hit a buggy. Not such a good feeling, but the scenery was beautiful.
This is the view from the back of the hotel.



Here are some photos from the weekend. Notice something different on the McDonald's sign?



Dinner on Saturday night in an Amish family restaurant. Mashed tatos, noodles, turkey, and gravy. The gravy itself should be a food group. I washed it down with sweet tea. Notice the side of fried mushrooms!

This is my roomie, Beth. We are both low fuss, no muss kinda gals. What fun we have together!
This is my friend, Rene'. Good to have her around as well. We've done 3 retreats together now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a surprise to find your blog and see a photo of me! :-) Wish it was a better photo of me, but I digress.

It was so wonderful to meet you, I'm glad you came and can't wait to see you again in January!

Anonymous said...

sounds very relaxing and the countryside looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Okay, it has now been a month. When's the next update? :)

tosin said...

Waiting for more!! tap, tap, tap...