Friday, January 04, 2008

New Year's Eve 2007


December 31st, 2007 found us in the suburbs of Chicago with our friends, the Brock Family. Karen and I have known each other for 15 years! She put on quite a spread of food including steak, mini cheese burgers, shrimp and a cheese ball that has been compared to crack. You can't stop. We drank too much wine and then got into a bottle of brandy. Doing shots. Ouch.
Thanks for such a great time, old friend. The snow that left us for an extra day was a bonus as well. I'm not sure I could have travelled on that stomach!
My gift from Karen? French's Fried Onions, Oreos, and Cappucino mix. Life can move on now, we can make green bean casserole. (I offered to make them WT truffle, but they declined! [twinkies, fruit cocktail and cool whip in the Pampered Chef trifle bowl] )


We met some new friends as well. This is Swiss (old friend), Karen and Tracy. (Tracy is married to the character in the hat below)This is Rich. They are are from Kentucky. Nice Southern accents to surround yourself in. Good laughter when I told my kids to "Simmer down now."

Plans for next year? We need to make 2 cheese balls. Also planned? Jolly Rancher shots. At least we can enjoy them. And below? The Morning After!

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad we've made it to your blog :) Next year we need make up for our photo shoot, I'm looking pale (as usual). Also glad you stayed the extra day to relax but it's still crazy what you had to make it through to get home! Did you get a picture of the kids together? I have the funniest video (boys breakdancing) but unfortunatley it isn't digital so I have to figure out how to get it digital. I didn't even pick up my camera since you had your so you'll have to share your entire set with me P L E A S E!!! Love ya girlfriend! Karen