I spend a fabulous week last summer in Avalon, NJ with a friend and her children. We put 4 kids who had never met into one pile and commanded them to have fun. And they did. In fact, we all had a blast. We discovered that we missed our husbands, but sometimes it is a nice change to parent with another woman. It made me wish that I had wife. I made this layout to showcase some of the fun we had.
Left hand side of layout
Right hand side of layout, journaling based on an ad from Dress Barn, found in Oprah magazine.
In just a few short weeks, I will journey again down to Central N.Y. to take part in what has become a journey that I make twice each year. I meet the girls for a weekend full of scrapbooking, not sleeping, eating, serious alcohol consumption and so much laughter that my stomach muscles ache for days afterward. I renew friendships and make new ones. I come back to my family feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the "mom job" again.
So, to my FOREVER FRIEND, who has had some curve balls thrown at her lately...........soon. Hang on to the end of that rope my friend, the fun starts soon.


2 comments:
Beautiful layout!
Have fun on your CNY trip!
No fair!! You made me cry!! I can't put into words just how much you mean to me...my wonderfully sweet forever friend!! Look out CNY....here we come!
Sharon
PS...you know I'm gonna case that LO too!!!
Post a Comment