I've had several requests for book suggestions. During the summer, I appreciate the time to curl up in a chair and read!
1. Made in the USA by Billie Letts
I picked this up as I really enjoyed her last few books. (Check out Where the Heart Is, The Honk and Holler Opening Soon, and Shoot the Moon) This is a good, light read about two children who end up orphaned and alone in Las Vegas.
2. Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
Laugh out loud funny about a not so adept bounty hunter and her crazy cast of friends. If you haven't read the rest of the series, start with One for the Money. Most libraries have an edition that includes her first 3 books.
3. The Beach House by Jane Green
Really well-written, a story of marriages and divorce and betrayal and a house on the beach in Nantucket that brings about some interesting plot twists. I read this one cover to cover.
4. Chasing Harry Winston: A Novel by Lauren Weisberger
This is chick lit at it's best(or it's worst if you can't stand chick lit). It was actually pretty well written, from the author of The Devil Wears Prada.
5. The Spellman Files: by Lisa Lutz
I discovered this one by accident. There is also a sequel out called Curse of the Spellmans. Ala Evanovich, about a family of private detectives.
6. Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
I love Jodi Picoult. This book covers lots of hot topics including organ donation and death row. If you haven't read her best seller from last summer, make sure you pick up Nineteen Minutes.
Also for you today: Product Recommendations
1. Planters Chocolate Covered Almonds (dark chocolate) If anyone has seen these in Canada, please let me know!
2. Pampered Chef: Rotary Grater
I know I am a bit biased here as they pay me to sell this stuff. Holy Guacamole Batman! This is a re-design of an old product. Remember the cheese grater that all the cheese got stuck in? No more! The new one has one barrel that can be rotated forward and backward. The handle switches to the other side for lefties. Grates all cheeses, chocolate, carrots, zucchini, and even nuts! One of my managers showed us last night how to make fried cheese!
MMMM! Grate some cheese into a non-stick 8 inch saute pan. Hit it with a bit of ground pepper and then turn on medium heat. Cook until it gets bubbly. Sprinkle with a bit of lemon juice. (on Mozz- leave it off of cheddar) MMMMMM!


1 comment:
Sweet! I didn't know Lauren Weisberger had a new one out. Have you read "Everyone Worth Knowing"? Fun book.
19 Minutes is on my nightstand. I need to start it...
Post a Comment