What a difference a few days makes. Earlier this week I was lamenting the fact that it was 11:43 a.m. and I had done what amounted to nothing. Dishes, kid's lunches, my own lunch---not amounting to much. Some days I relish the time I get occasionally to do nothing. That particular day, I was feeling neglectful. Neglectful of laundry and meals to be made and a house to clean and business to get to. Neglectful of scrapbook layouts undone. For a client.
Today, it is 2:21. I have to go and retrieve kids at 2:30. I am nearing the end of a really good book. (Time is a River by Mary Alice Monroe) I am enjoying the quiet of my house interupted occasionally by a dog barking and the clocks ticking away. My coffee is warm and tastes of chocolate. This morning I taught a class for beginning scrapbookers. We ate coffee cake and marvelled over idea books and trimmers. This afternoon......my phone rang with a dear friend on the other end from New Jersey. Her life has been full of ups and downs and she called me. To check on me. When her life is in turmoil. She called to see how I was doing. Today. Today, this minute, life is good. Soon my house will be full of the noise of small boys. I'll exchange my ticking clocks and yappy dogs for small boys. Tonight I enjoy the company of my Pampered Chef team. I am blessed. Today, all is good.
Monday, October 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment