Monday, January 04, 2010

Life Documentation Goals for 2010

 

I just finished Project 365 for 2009. I have about 10 layouts left to finish and then my book is headed to Shutterfly to be printed. I don't mind the photo a day approach and I can even get the photos put on my blog with some regularity. Having said this, I want something different for 2010 that still allows me to document every day life. It is important to me that the project be obtainable. I do wonder though, if my kids will be interested in year after year of albums documenting their lives.


I have been searching for other projects that fit the bill. Here is what I have found so far. Feel free to add what you have or to add your thoughts on life documentation. I will tell you that a blog has made my life much easier. If I record my thoughts about photos as they happen, then it gets done. When I go to scrapbook the photos, I cut and paste the journaling in. Poof! Done. (insert Easy Button)


From Simple Scrapper, project 10 by 12. Each month, they provide a template on the blog for a 10 photo layout, along with some journaling prompts. After a year, you have 12 layouts completed if you stick with it. This is doable and I plan on following this.
From Cathy Zielske, a version of 365 called 7 Days. You take your photos every day, but you only scrap 1 week every month. Cathy has digi templates available for this project if you wish to purchase them. Don't forget that these templates can also be used as sketches.
I will also continue with 12 of the 12th each month.
So, your thoughts?

No comments: