Friday, October 27, 2006

Real Life

I'm not in the mood to think much about an entry today. I was reading Real Simple magazine last week and noticed the last page is a Real Life: meet a reader feature. I couldn't find a decent photo of me for this entry. Maybe Patti can insert one for me, she took the most recent ones! So, here is my "meet the writer feature".

Life would be simpler if.......

I had a nanny and a housekeeper.

I feel most beautiful.......

When I have had good night's sleep, a shower, and a cup of coffee.

Something that no one knows about me is........

I am really fearful that I will die young.

Guiltiest Pleasure?

Wife Swap and dark chocolate

High Road or Low Road?

High road. Honestly, how far are you going to go on the low road? At least you know you are traveling the high road with dignity.


My favorite possession is................

My red Crocs and my Panasonic FZ-30 camera.

When I was little, I wanted to be.............

A teacher. Then, I was a teacher of small kids. I hated it. Now, I teach adults who have a similar passion to mine. (scrapbooking) I love it!

What surprises me the most about my adult life is.......

How independent I am. I will try just about anything, yet being in a room full of people I don't know still makes my stomach hurt.

The big decision I'm currently wrestling with is..........

Not too many of those right now. I already decided to have a hysterectomy and sign with Close to My Heart as a consultant. Both in the same month. How wise was this? Not sure, but I hit the first level of the incentive program already. I might not make the 2nd, but I'll make the 3rd level! Right now, I am working on deciding that I can recover from surgery without my house falling down around me. I am having to let go of the reins, not easy for me.

My Motto is.............

I can do it. I never dreamed I'd be in another country providing home support for my DH, who is an engineer with a fabulous toy company. I never dreamed I'd start all over and have lifetime friends this quickly. I've been blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for your surgery next week! I had mine when I was 26 - - very very very tough decison - - but within days I was doing the MACARENA in the feminine paper product aisle when I realized I NEVER HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN!!! yippee!!!

Take it easy.

Granny said...

Hi Christy. You don't know me but Beth wrote about your surgery on Playgroup Dropout today.

Just saying hello and wishing you well.

Ann