It seems that the camera has become an extention of my face in the past few days. School's out for summer. (how many lyrics can I include here and can you name that band?) I've spent the last few days recording our lives.
One of my "firsts" this week was a paid scrapbooking job. I don't want to do too many of these, as I don't want "work" to interfere with the joy that I get from my hobby. I was approached by a parent on the playground about doing an album for a retiring K teacher. The album went together quickly and I was pleased with the results. I was lucky enough to be present when she unwrapped the album.
When she realized that there were photos of all of "her kids", the tears started. One of the parents photographed her current class and then chased down all of her former students ranging in age from grade 1 to grade 8.
There are some people who truly don't understand what scrapbooking does for your life. I scrapbook to preserve my memories and my stories. In the process, I document the little things in life. Down the road, my kids will know what their bedroom looked like when they were little. My husband will be able to flip the pages and see what meat he smoked in June of 2007. The little things in life are tended to. The memories are there because I noticed them. I documented them. That folks, that's what it's all about.
Here are a few more photos of what our week has been like. I challenge you to get out there and get your camera going. Document it. Then print those photos- get them off of your hard drive. And............if you want them in a scrapbook, but you don't want to do it yourself, give me a buzz. I can hook you
up
.


2 comments:
Girl.....those boys are adorable! Aaron looks more and more like you every time I see him!
Gotta get together soon and we can set the chatty children in a locked room and party in the other! :)
Christy,
Jenny Davis passed along your blog information. Hope you don't mind. Your kids are adorable! I am helping to plan the CHS 20th reunion, and we are trying to update the database of CHS alumni. We were hoping to get your current home address and email address. If you wouldn't mind sharing them, please email me at sjasherwood@earthlink.net. The reunion is tentatively planned for Thanksgiving weekend. Hope to see you there! Julie Johnson Sherwood
Post a Comment