After reading a post on kitchen clutter, I wanted to offer you a way to corral it! I seem to remember a blog post with a photo that showed the Tool Turn About in our kitchen. One of my husband’s cousins asked if we really had enough gadgets! We are foodies and I used to be a P Chef consultant. So the answer to that question is, no, we don’t have enough. Now that I have more storage space……………….Houston, we have a problem!
However, how do you figure out what needs to go? One drawer (or tool turn about, thanks Pampered Chef!) at a time, dump the contents into a shallow box. Set the box on the counter and take what you need to cook with out of the box. After it is washed, put it back where it lives on a regular basis. At the end of a 2 week period, have a serious conversation with yourself about what needs to stay. I simply pluck out seasonal tools and put them in an away place. Then I dump the rest of the box in to the "donate" box. Done.
Next? Check yourself as you stand in Target looking at the gadget wall or sit in someone's living room listening to the Pampered Chef lady. (I used to be one!) Ask yourself if the tool multi-tasks. If not, don't buy it unless it will really, really make something easier. Do you really need an avocado knife?


1 comment:
Wait - I DON'T need an avocado knife? What???
:)
Post a Comment