I’ve had the good fortune to pick up some fantastic books this summer, so I am passing the info. on to you. In my sidebar, there is always a link to Librarything if you need ideas on what to read, but these 3 have stuck out this year.
I blogged about this one for 365, but this would be a fabulous poolside or beach read for you. I laughed out loud, cried, and generally enjoyed the amazing storytelling.
These two books would make fantastic choices for book groups. (and I suspect will be widely read as such) Building a Home With My Husband is by the same author as Riding the Bus with My Sister. Rachel Simon’s voice is loud and clear here. Lots of good insight on relationships and love and the journeys we all travel.
Prayers for Sale is a compilation of what was originally short stories. Sandra Dallas has masterfully woven them into a tale of an old woman who welcomes and helps acclimate a younger woman into life during the Colorado gold rush. It contains fascinating history regarding language, gold mining and quilting. The stories appear on the surface and then are masterfully told in full, linking details as they unfold. I read this one cover to cover as well.
Happy reading!


1 comment:
So perfect-I was just about to head to the library and I check your blog, and there's a lovely book review! You write so beautifully-I tell you! And then I saw you wrote on my facebook wall that you received your package! So glad you loved it! Love you guys very much! Birthday packages on their way...and trying to find some peeps for your DH! Love you!
Post a Comment