Saturday, March 03, 2007

Random thoughts








It seems that I haven't been really good about posting to my blog recently. At face value, not much going on here. Except snow and more snow. And shovelling, pulled back muscles, and really good prescription muscle relaxants.









Last night, as I was scraping together tacos for the small people, the phone rang. I checked the caller ID and it was the Big Guy calling on the cell. I figured we had one of three scenarios:
1. Stuck in a meeting/in office with colleagues and/or clients
2. Drinking with said colleagues and/or clients, not coming home
3. Stuck in traffic

But no, to my delight he invites me down to the neighborhood pub, telling me to bring the kidlets. It seems that he has run into one of my friends with her kids and they are now rounding up the rest of us so we can all have dinner together. All righty then, we'll be right there. I turned off the meat, threw socks and shoes on the boys and we all enjoyed bar food together. We fed the kids a steady stream of Loonies (dollar coins for all you Yankees) for the video games (wow, talk about inflation-didn't we used to use quarters?) and proceeded to gab and have a few adult libations.
At 8:00 p.m, one of my friend's youngest ones started on a meltdown and we quickly packed everyone up and took them home for bed. A good time was had by all. I leave you with some photos from this month.
Geese, flying over the frozen tundra.


(I wish I had word balloons here!)
"So, Dad, what you gonna do with the rest of that ham sammich?"



2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a fun night out!! Oh I can't wait for the day that mine are both old enough to be entertained for a bit like that!! Love that last photo, so funny!! :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun evening! Ahh for the day I can do the same!! Enjoy!!