Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Eagles in Concert: Once in a Lifetime?

  It was an amazing concert! I sat with my jaw on the floor listening to the voices blending and marveling at the wonder of it all as I watched the fingers fly over the guitars. They played all the classics andP1010236 (1) lots of stuff from the new album. I couldn't  help but wonder if this will be a once in a lifetime thing. I was a little girl when most of this stuff was written!

The reviewer for the Toronto Star bashed the concert a bit, but the comments below the article disagree. See the review here.

Here are some photos that we took. Please keep in mind that I was working with a small camera, a Panasonic DMC-FX07. I have touched up a few of these a little bit.

P1010241    On another note, hearing this music made me long for a band of my yesteryear, Westcott, Epperson & Co. They used to cover lots of these tunes. I really wish that Rob and Tommy could have been with us at the concert. We've asked for some of their video to be put on Youtube. Keep your fingers crossed!

P1010245

P1010267P1010244

4 comments:

CloverGirl said...

I am completely GREEN with envy!!!!! I'm listening to an Eagles CD right now at work. :)

agent713 said...

Cool! You had pretty good seats eh?

Karen said...

Sounds like a blast, wish I was there to dance with you :-)

Kaye said...

How cool! I love the Eagles!