Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bon Appetite!

It's been all about the food here this week. (Thank God for Jazzercise!)  What to share first? Gingerbread house? Yummy soup? Polish Angel Wing cookies? Lets start with the soup. I grabbed this recipe from a blog. The author is a Simple Scrapbooks staff member. She wasn't able to get a photo because they ate it all. I managed to snap a pic of the bottom of the bowl. This stuff is amazing! I served it with an iceburg lettuce salad and dinner rolls from a can.

P1080989

POTATO CHEESE SOUP

4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cans Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
a big slice of pre-cooked ham, diced
non-fat milk
sour cream (I used low-fat)
1 c grated cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Place first three ingredients in Crock Pot on low. Stir in a half can of non-fat milk. Add salt and pepper if you like that sort of thing and mix well. Cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.

After six hours, stir in about a half-cup of sour cream and the grated cheese. Mix until thoroughly melted.

1 comment:

Lain said...

You are making me want to eat this for dinner again!!! ;)
Glad you enjoyed it!
oxoxo
L