Sunday, December 28, 2008

Don't Re-invent the Wheel

This is one of my life lessons that I learned when I was teaching school. If someone else has done the work for you, there is no need to re-do it yourself. I enjoy the Shutter Sisters blog. The blog work is done for me here in the form of challenges. The challenge for today is to post your favorite photo of the year. I'm not sure how Irene managed to select just one photo. She must take thousands every year.

Since this is my blog, I chose 3.

P1080497

Fall has always been my favorite season. For the first time, we went up to the Cottage in October. I spent about an hour taking photos of the trees and the lake. My favorite place during my favorite time of the year. That was something good about this past year.

P1080474

This is perhaps my favorite photo of the year. This is my Dear Husband. (isn't he a handsome dude?) We've been married 12 years, today. (Thanks honey, here's to many more years.) It's been a rough year, but we're still standing. My friend, Jo, gave a toast at Christmas dinner. She said, "Here's to a better 2009." For many reasons, I hope she's right.

P1070672

And finally, one of the best things to happen to our family this year. This is "Dan, the man", "Nutter Butter boy", "Itchy Scratchy Bobo Boy", and "Get out of the garbage Sudden" boy.

We adopted Dan in May from a family in a little town near us. He hit it off immediately with our 11 year old Westie. I was interviewed by the 4 year old from his birth family. I guess I passed, because he came to join our family. It's been nothing but joy with this dog. He is the happiest, most playful guy in the house. (and that's not easy with Aaron around!)

So, here's to 2009. May it be calmer, less stressful and full of blessings. Show me your favorite photos, won't you?

3 comments:

O said...

Hi :) I love your favorite *three*! (that's the great thing about a blog, eh...you don't have to choose just one). :) Hope you're enjoying the holidays.

Wildefrost said...

Happy belated anniversary! Your husband is indeed a handsome dude, as is your whole family. I'm glad you delurked, I've enjoyed reading about your wonderful family this morning. Xoxox Happy New Year!

CKENEC said...

Wow! This is my favorite picture of Craig too! Your pictures are really nice.

:) Karen