Saturday, April 04, 2009

Because a photo a day doesn't cut it

It's been a long time since I sat down and emptied my brain into my keyboard. If you came looking for a frivolous photo, scroll down to see the hot chocolate photo, then you can quit reading. (see, I just saved you some time, you can thank me later) There is also some political commentary coming up. Fair warning.

A few things to drop on you here. I am busy cleaning and purging in preparation for our move in early July. I am also busy trying NOT to nag my DH about getting his stuff in order. To his credit, he is doing just that. The Man Zone is becoming tidy and organized. Next up, the garage. (what fun!)

I have a head cold. Not huge in the big world of unemployment and recession, but I don't feel good. I am trying to go about about my business without complaining, as I am the whiny sick kind of person. I have too much to do to worry about being sick.

My google reader hit 53 blogs this morning, thanks to This Post on SimpleScrapper. Thanks, I think. It was nice to have time to browse through these blogs this morning, as I blew off Jazzercise due to my cold and a location change. We usually do our thing in a church, but the church has an event tonight, so we got bumped to the dance studio that is used during the week. I have no desire to be crowded into a small studio today to exercise. So, here I sit.

I discovered yesterday afternoon that I am out of the Tim Horton's hot chocolate that I use to make my mocha coffees. Not a huge deal, but it was pouring down rain and I had no desire to go out and get some more. This morning, I regretted that decision. I think I'll have to take a case of this stuff with me when we move!

P1090860  (365:93)

I watched news coverage yesterday of President Obama in Europe. Not only does he speak with intelligence and knowledge using good English (unlike our former president who reminded me of an aging frat. boy), but he greeted the German people in GERMAN. I am relieved to feel now that the American people have someone in charge. He is a Leader. He is a human being with a lovely wife who can enter the world of other politicians and look good, acting accordingly. I don't worry about turning on the news and watching the world make fun of him. Why does this make me feel good?

Last, but not least (and if you stuck with me this long, thank you!), the newest furry thing in our house is a pansy. Sure, he's loveable and cute and barks at strangers like nobody's business---------but if it is raining or snowing, he's not going out there. He stands on the ledge by the back door looking sad. For the love of Pete buddy, get out there and pee. You're not gonna melt! [disclaimer: this photo was taken in June of last year, please don't think that we have lovely green grass here in Ontario. It is April and snow is in the forecast for this week. Did you wonder why I'm tickled pink to be moving to GA?]

P1080711

No comments: