Saturday, April 18, 2009

Prayers for my friend

Please, if you are so inclined in your life..........I have a friend facing some serious mental health issues. I am not going to mention her by name out of respect for her and her family. She was encouraged to seek medical help last week. I am distressed to think about what would have happened if she hadn't done so. She is stabilized and receiving lots of help at this point. I am glad.

Mental health problems are often viewed negatively in our society. If physical health problems are an issue, most folks won't hesitate to get help. I really wish that more people would realize that your brain is just as much a part of your body as your arm is. Broken arm? Cast. Broken brain? Needs help just as much.

So, my friend, good on you! I am proud of you for getting some help and please know that we love you.

1 comment:

CloverGirl said...

What a wonderful post, Christy!! I've been thinking about her a lot and praying for her and her family since I heard the news.

I am so proud of her for having the courage to face this head on. And I agree -- I'm tired of the stigma associated with mental health issues. It's part of our health and needs to be treated as such.

Three cheers for the bravest person I (don't) know. :)