playing while I'm posting!So, this is how I start my day. It is 8:30 in the morning. I am staying at my brother's house in Urbana, IL and he made me a fabulous cup of coffee in the appropriately titled mug "boss". Time to check the email and linger over the blog world. (accompanying music while blogging- Sweet Caroline, covered by Chet Atkins)
9:00 a.m. Aaron has bonded with his cousin Kinzie. She is happy to provide him with much tickling and general merriment. The family resemblance is leaking out a bit here. (music sideline-Jimmy Rankin-I Followed Her Around- acoustic)
10:00 a.m. Max and his cousin Cameron, have set up a fort in the basement. Aaron beckons me downstairs to show me the "secret entrance". If I only had the password, I could get in! (if I could fit) [Home- Paul Brandt]
Noon- We head over to "Grandma Ira's" for lunch. This is Iris, Angela's mom. (Angela is married to my brother Mike) Iris, like most of those matriarchs that love us, likes to cook for us. She showers us with healthy food and banana bread muffins. Today we are eating a fabulous salad, soup, shrimp, and grilled cheese. I bypass the grilled cheese for shrimp, salad and watermelon. After all, I have to pack this body into a swimsuit all summer!(music: Fins, Jimmy Buffett)
My brother, Michael, tries to get Aaron to eat some more lunch. He is explaining how each bite of soup that Aaron takes will make him stronger. Aaron responds by showing his Uncle his muscles. After eating a few more bites, Aaron wises up, declares himself done and vacates the table. It was good while it lasted!(music- When the Sun Goes Down, Kenny Chesney)
12:45 Aaron and his cousin, Cameron, play with bubbles on the back porch. The bubble blowers were missing, so we had to improvise with some straws and twist ties. Never underestimate the power of two former preschool teachers who happen to be moms! (Isn't it Ironic, Alanis Morissette)
4:00 p.m. It is raining, pouring, thunder and lightning. Angela offers me a cup of coffee. Coffee? Me? You betcha! (Against the Wind, Bob Segar)
4:15 The costumer for The Wizard of Oz shows up to help Kinzie with a witch costume. (catch the theatre website at www.brightlightstheatre.org) I tease Kinzie about showing a bit of "boobage" with the dress. We all decide it is perfect. The power threatens to go out and we scramble to make another pot of coffee before that happens. [lage Nom Ai, Jimmy Buffett--- rockin' song]
Aaron, Max, and Cameron catch Jimmy Neutron on T.V. You should watch this show if you get a chance, it is actually quite clever. (Pencil Thin Mustache, Jimmy Buffett)
5:30 p.m. Aaron and Max show me their "secret handshake". It is too funny and I actually get them to do it again so I can photograph it. It is still raining. We check the computer for the weather forecast. We are supposed to go to the fair tonight. Looks like that won't be happening! \[Beer Run, Garth Brooks]

More antics from the boys. They are laughing so hard they can't do the handshake! [Desperado, The Eagles]
I finally capture the handshake on film. They have gotten along so well this vacation, I wonder when the fighting and biting will start. It is still raining heavily. The boys really want to go to the fair, but they are all too aware of the dangers of thunder storms. [Fallin', Alicia Keys] So, that's it for July. A truly domestic day. A day full of family and fun and lots of rain. Look soon for photos of the 4th of July with the other side of the family, don't want them to feel left out! [Bless the Broken Road, Rascal Flatts]


No comments:
Post a Comment