I got an email today from a friend in the Chicago area. It seems that her daughter won an I-Pod for fundraising at her school! (good job I! and good job B!) She wanted to know about my favorite podcasts. I have tons of music on my I-Pod, but the podcasts are my favorites.
To find these, go to the Itunes website and subscribe to the ones you want to try. It is easiest to use the search function after you go to the Podcast section. Here are my favorites. (and no,noone is paying me to promote them!)
Satellite Sisters: I first heard this program on our A.M. station in Illinois. Make sure you download all 3 episodes for each date. The Satellite Sisters are from the Dolan family. They all live in different parts of the US, but they gather on the radio every day to broadcast. They bill themselves as "tackling the world, one cup of coffee at a time."
The Cathy and Judy Show: You'll need to go to WGN radio, AM 720 and subscribe to this one. Itunes doesn't have it. "The Girlfriends" keep me up to date with what is going on in the Chicago area.
WGBH Morning Stories: Out of Boston, this radio show has a huge archive for you to download more stories when you run out. This is one of my favorites because the stories come from people of all different backgrounds and experiences. It is sponsored by Ipswitch. Tony Kahn, the host, is a really cool guy.
NPR: I subscribed to Story of the Day and NPR: books. If you like brain radio, this is a good way to keep in touch without getting overloaded. I also like Car Talk, but haven't subscribed to it yet. Not sure if it is podcasted.
Grey's Anatomy Official Podcast: A must hear for all you Grey's fans. You occasionally get spoilers, but almost always an actor interview and commentary from the writers.
This American Life: For the longest time, PRI in Chicago fought against a podcast for this popular show. Eventually, some techno-savvy fans figured out a way around this and formatted it for the I-Pod. They finally gave up and started the Pod-cast about a month ago. I was so excited! This is one of my favorite radio shows, with appearances by David Sedaris on a regular basis.
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Thanks Christy! I am going to give you a link to one, this is my favorite morning show, it's on wtmx in chicago, Eric and Kathy are funny, they make me laugh on my way to work every day. The podcast is highlights from their morning show - you can also just listen to it on your computer if you are lacking the ipod.
http://www.wtmx.com/podcastinfo.php
ok so now I need to add an ipod to my Christmas wish list!! Thanks Christy!!! (said in my best sarcastic voice!!)
Hope you are feeling better!!
Post a Comment