
This is the clock in our hallway. My dad sent it with us when we moved, on semi-permanent loan. I've just checked my email (with a reminder in it from Susan) and realized, "It's the 12th, better get busy." (psa #7, blogger formatting sucks, sorry for the look of this post, I've messed with it for too long trying to get it to look right)

Aaron's Advent Calendar. Playmobile puts out a new one every year. This cuts the candy, but increases the clutter in my house. I just love all those Playmobile pieces! (Thank goodness no Polly Pocket here)

Max's Advent Calendar. A Lego one. This one a city calendar, full of Lego guys and air port security equipment. Nothing says Merry Christmas like air port security equipment!

Obligatory Christmas tree shot. Please notice garland and ribbons. My dear husband has had to educate me on the proper way to dress up a Christmas tree. I did draw the line at the tinsel though.
What do you put on your Christmas tree when you live in Canada? The cardinal is the state bird of Illinois. I can be happily in Canada for the rest of my life, but the American flag will always be on my Christmas tree.
What's in the kitchen cabinet? Every time I go to Ikea, I buy more glass jars. I love the look of them. If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you will see the english/french labels. We know we are in the US when the signs go from english/french to english/spanish. Our world view has definitely changed.
Our pile of Christmas books. Each year one of my oldest friends sends us a new book before Christmas. I just noticed this week that not all of them are dated, I did put the date in the newest one that arrived last week. Our favorite? Snowmen at Night.
9:15 I've dropped the kidlets at school, walked the dog, and its time for some tea with the girlies. This is Mike, he belongs to my friend, Irene. I really think that Mike looks like a huge teddy bear. Sorry about the doggy red-eye, must remove this prior to printing!

12:15 Evidence of Aaron's growth spurt. He has eaten a bowl of Easy Mac and fruit for lunch. I went to lay down this afternoon and he polished off a container of left over Shepard's pie. Cold. I wonder if I'll have to get a real job later in life so I can feed this kid!

7:15 pm Aaron and Craig play with the Christmas train. I have run out of "listening ears" by this time of the day, and he is talking Dad's arm off.

I couldn't resist this shot. What is it about a small boy's feet?

Aaron has just figured out that I am there with the camera. At some point, mom starts to blend in with the background. This is the only way to get photos of this kid. So, that's it for December. See ya on the flip side.






4 comments:
I love your 12 of 12ths!!! SO fun! I love your tree and the train around the tree looks like a little boys dream!!
Merriest of Christmas' to you!!!
I love those IKEA jars too. I love how it fits one sleeve of goldfish crackers EXACTLY!!
Happy holidays!! Love the train!
I love the train going 'round the tree!
(And, the feet, YES.)
I like your cardinal and those glass jars (gotta get to ikea for those)...hope you have a wonderful Christmastime this year, we'll miss you.
Post a Comment