Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The bad mother award goes to..........

I just finished my small tour of the blogworld, reading my favorite blogs that come to my in-box via Feedblitz. It seems that most of my blog friends and family came through the holidays pretty all right.

How are we? Well, 2 rounds of the stomach flu times 2 kids equals a lot of cleaning up around here. DS2 managed to catch the couch without the couch cover because the cover was still in the wash after the day before and DS1's experience. So, if you come to visit us, I won't tell you which end of the couch it was. Thank you to the makers of Sol u Mel, because the couch is now clean and disinfected.

So, why do I get the bad mother award? My children did not get to see Santa this year. DS2 is afraid of him. He saw Santa at a tea party at school and couldn't get away from him fast enough. DS1 did not ask for a visit and was not keeping food down long enough to tolerate one. So, there you have it. No Santa visits here this year.

In the big scheme of things, this is not a huge deal. For the first time in 30 some years, I did not attend church on Christmas eve. (this, to me= big deal) I pulled up the schedule for the church we attended in Illinois and I about passed out looking at the schedule. Services at 8:30, 9:45, 11:10, 4:30, 7:30 and 11:00. Some of you might look at this schedule and think, "wow, what a lot of choices." I used to coordinate childcare for this church. This involves care for infants up to toddlers, 50 or so of them. Ack!!! I hope the childcare coordinator is still standing. It's hard enough to find enough adult help for Christmas Eve, let alone for 5 services.

So.... I leave you with some photos of the kidlets. The relatives all did a fab job of choosing presents for them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the red and green pj's! sorry to hear about the flu, so much of that going around! anyway, I had to pipe in that we didn't go visit santa this year either. my kids didn't even ask to go see him so I thought, why put myself through it when the kids don't really care? I discussed this very topic with a few other moms I know (just a poll to see if I'd get the bad mom award for not taking them) and we agreed that if the kids don't mind, then you really shouldn't give it a second thought!

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't take mine to see Santa either! If they would let me take the photo, then maybe... :) Sorry to hear your house has been sick, us too. We missed church too! Here is to healthier houses and soon!!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think not taking them makes you a good mother. Sounds like neither of them would have been 'in' to it anyways.

Love the silk jammies :D

~Heidi