It is 10:23 on a holiday Saturday morning. My DH is asleep. (sick, needs to be asleep) The dog is sitting next to me, looking at me intently. He wants something. Outside? Food? Water? Most likely his walk, over-due now by about 2 hours. DS1 is asking me, "What does K A T Y spell?" I'm trying to read a short blog entry from a friend. What? "It spells Katy" I wonder how the child that I nannied for 8 years ago managed to graffiti her name on something that is still in my scrapbook studio. DS2 wanders in, "Can we play Chinese checkers?" I have packages to mail to relatives, no meals planned, and lots of laundry to fold. Clean Sweep Saturday morning marathon is calling me.
The dishwasher didn't get run last night. I made soup and put the entire crock pot liner containing the soup in the fridge because I had no container large enough to put the soup into. The house looks like the proverbial bomb has gone off after all the frivolity concerning Christmas.
I get an email from my friend, Marcy, from Mexico. She describes her house resembling a Mash unit after her 2 young granddaughters brought them the Christmas gift of stomach flu. Hummph. At least she gets to recover from the flu while sitting on her back veranda overlooking the ocean. I wonder if the whales are out?
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment