Friday, January 19, 2007

Too much fun

It's been an interesting 10 days. I know I haven't been here to post much. I haven't even gotten the 12 of 12 for January out of the camera yet. I really have no excuses, except the Big Guy is out of town. It has taken all my energy just to keep the house from falling down around us and to keep the kids on their schedules.

So, what happened this week? We finally got some snow. Mostly ice, but some snow. The kids have been sledding on the small hill behind the school. Aaron has grazed the skin on his left cheek to prove it. The check engine light came on in my Saturn. After reading the manual, I decided maybe I'd gotten bad gas. So, this morning, FTGG. (full tank good gas) Light went off 20 minutes later. Go figure. (go me)

We have no health insurance right now. (and the kids are sledding?) The DH didn't renew his OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Program) card before he left on his latest adventure. Our cards are tied to his under the same number. I can't renew ours either. We still have prescription coverage through the company, so that helps. Keep your fingers crossed that no one needs to go to the doctor.

My father found it amusing that we didn't celebrate MLK day up here this week. Um, it's Canada. No such luck. We had just enough ice on Monday to make the streets a mess. I walked the kids to school and promptly went back to bed. I don't usually do this, but I spent last weekend at a scrapbook retreat in East Lansing, MI. We had too much fun. Thus, carbs, alcohol, fully sugared pop and no sleep. Too much fun. Monday required a day long nap interrupted by the unpacking of scrap stuff that didn't get used because we had---------you guessed it---------too much fun. I did get the 12 of 12 album updated. With any luck, you'll get photos of those layouts soon.

Today, I scored $40 worth of 2nd hand clothes for both boys. 8 pairs of jeans/cargo pants with the knees intact, all good brands, a few shirts and a sweat shirt. Go mom. So, off to put the kidlets in bed and head that direction myself. Thanks for reading what turned out to be a short post about nothing, really, except too much fun.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

I miss my retreat friend Christy!

I haven't fully unpacked my car yet from the retreat :::Sheepish grin:::

Glad you are surviving the week!

agent713 said...

You do an album with the 12 of 12 photos? Cool! I'd love to see it :D Not any time soon though. You've got enough on your plate as it is!!!
~Heidi...who would have loved to have had MLK Day off but settled for a quiet day at the office because most of her American counter parts were away.

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a agreat weekend away! Nothing like laughing the hours away with good friends! :)