

It is time for 12 of the 12th for the month of June. Here is my bed, shortly after I got out of it at 6:18 a.m. I could have slept until 7, but for some reason was wide awake. Everyone else in the house---- still asleep. Even the dog didn't want to have much to do with me. What follows is a pretty normal, boring day. This is what we do while we wait for life to happen. Then again, we have a pretty good time while we're doing it.
Max gets up around 7 and heads straight for his new X Box game, based on the movie, Cars. He plays and then eats, getting ready for school around 8:15. After dropping him at school, Aaron and I head for the YMCA for Gym N Swim. After Gym N Swim, I drop him in for Jungle Run, a large motor class. I lace up my shoes and head out to walk while he plays. I walk in a neighborhood that reminds me of Laetham St, the place where my DH grew up.

After Aaron is worn out at the Y, we head to the grocery store. They have berries on sale for $2 a carton. We get blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. We also get apples and salad fixings. Upon returning home, Aaron chills on the computer while he eats lunch. At 3:20, we head out to pick up Max. The boys play on the playground and enjoy one of the many dogs in our neighborhood. This is our friend, Casey the golden retriever. She reminds us of Bailey's cousin, Charlie. Charlie lives with my parents in Illinois.

Walking home, we see yet another house on the market in our neighborhood. It's too bad we're not ready to buy yet, this one is really pretty. One of 4 designs in the subdivision, I'd imagine this is one of the bigger ones. It probably has the large price tag to go with it. We call 5:00 p.m. the Arsenic hour. True to form, the boys get silly and end up dancing joyfully on the front porch. It was quite funny to watch. And finally, after loading the fridge with fruits and vegies, I have no desire to cook. I even had a plan tonight. (fruit salad, bacon and chocolate chip pancakes) We head to McDonalds and the kids get a Happy Meal with these incredibly cute cars. I am a sucker for a premium! So, that was our day. What did you do today?




1 comment:
Arsenic Hour? WOW...we call it that too! Too funny! why do you call it that? I always tell people: it is the hour in which we question whether we should have administered arsenic with dinner to dull the pain of the hour that comes before bed. Sounds sort of morbid, but at least I'm not alone in calling it that..
Post a Comment