Friday, June 02, 2006

Of a small boy and his bike


Do you remember when you learned how to ride a bike? I don't remember the specific day, but I do remember the knee I skinned when I fell off. I've still got a scar from it. Max learned to ride a two wheeler this week. A bit later than most of his friends up here. We often see 3 year olds on these little bitty bikes. Max had the disadvantage of living in the country for 3 years. No sidewalks and gravel roads and laneways. He is now riding with a certain amount of confidence! (yes, I know the helmet is on backwards, he cracked one a few weeks ago falling off of a scooter. I've yet to replace it. On the list for the weekend)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to Boo!!!!!

Really sad I wasn't there to witness your accomplishment! Can't wait to see you ride in person!

Hugs and Kisses!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Dad! ;)

Anonymous said...

Awww... a message from his dad. That's so sweet.

My only memory of learning to a bike is when I looked back and saw my dad about 20 yards behind me and realized I was riding by myself!

Anonymous said...

Christy - just catching up on your blog, lots of good stuff going on, I don't know how you find the time to update your blog so frequently but I'm glad you do. Maybe Max can teach Isabella to ride her bike when you guys are in town, we haven't found the time to do that yet.