So. I just went downstairs to get me some strawberry jello parfait. I love this stuff! On the way down, I glanced out the front window. What do I see? My across the street neighbor. He is power-washing his driveway. (same man who trims the edge of his lawn with scissors, I kid you not) Seeing his property makes me want to avoid mowing my lawn for a 2 weeks just to make him have to look at my "crazy, loud-mouthed American's nasty front lawn." Power-washing the driveway. What do you think this man would say about my kitchen floor? Never mind the fly-lady. I’ve discovered that if you leave the floor long enough, dirt sticks to the sticky places and it is no longer sticky. Sigh. A sad state of affairs is my life today.
My kitchen floor may be filthy, but Max had a clean uniform for his game tonight. Considering we spent the day at the zoo with his classroom, and he’s had 2 games already this week, well…….. Go me. I do tend to pay a bit of attention to how my kids look in public. It used to be that I didn’t give a rat’s ass how they looked, but the DH is a bit pickier. I try to honor him by making sure that our kids don’t resemble something out of the Little Rascals. This is not an easy task with Aaron. I’ve been known to change his clothes AFTER we arrive at our destination. Lord only knows how he gets so dirty in his car seat. Perhaps I should clean out the mom mobile? He has to find the dirt somewhere!
On another note, Aaron gave me the fright of my life on Wednesday afternoon. Returning home from the grocery store, I unbuckled him and told him to follow me inside and change his shoes. We had to go and retrieve all of the school aged kids. I take the milk inside and put it in the fridge. On the trip back to the car, I notice how quiet it is. Aaron is NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. I quickly check the yard and the house. No Aaron. I run across the street and check with Diana. No Aaron. She tears up the street one way and I go the other, looking for him. I finally find him half-way down the block in the BACK YARD of another neighbor’s house. Holy moly. I so thought someone had snatched him. So he spent the after school play time in time-out. He hasn’t been out of my sight except in his bed or at school since then. He was very unhappy with me tonight when I wouldn’t let him play with the other kids at the baseball game unless I could see him. Sorry buddy, I can’t trust you!
And, on a final note- Happy Birthday to the amazing Angela. I am not sure where you are right now, flying over France? Happy Birthday chickie!


1 comment:
Hey we just got back from france-an amazing time...and I am just now reading your fabulous writing and saw my birthday note from amazing you. I love you and can't wait to see you and I am so glad you are my sister...love you! Give kisses to the boys from Auntie!And tell Craig-monstah, happy flag and birthday from me!
Post a Comment