Never underestimate the power of the girlfriends. I have really learned this lesson while the DH has been in Hong Kong. I don't know how single moms do this. Most of the time, I do just fine. Its kinda like when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. I used to have daydreams about just putting him down for a few minutes! Now, if I could just get some help for a few minutes before they finally conk out and go to bed. The boys tend to rev up instead of cooling down. I don't want them going to sleep thinking that their mother is some cranky woman, but.... please just go to bed. NOW.
Back to the girlfriends. I had 2 boys at 2 different ballfields at the same time this evening. Enter from next door, girlfriend to take DS2 to his game. I actually got to watch Max's game tonight without worrying about what Aaron was up to. I had to go pick up my car from my mechanic in a neighboring town this morning. (only $25 in new spark plugs, not the clutch!) One of my girlfriends drove me out to get it. On Monday morning, Aaron slept in. At 8:00, it became evident that he was going to sleep much longer. I called 2 girlfriends and sent Max to walk up to the corner. After he turned the corner out of my sight, I called Kelly. Kelly stood on her front lawn and watched him walk 2 blocks up the street. Then I called Mangit and she stood on her front lawn and watched him walk 2 more blocks and cross with the crossing guard. Mission accomplished. Max at school safely, Aaron asleep, and me, well--- I was assured that Max was safe and sound. I'm sure I walked a long way to school by myself when I was eight, but I don't think I'm ready to let Max walk 4 blocks!
I talked to another friend on the phone this morning. She emailed me to tell me that she had some acrylic stamps for me. Should she deliver them? I called her to confirm the delivery and she asked about my car. I told her I'd been home without it for 5 days, but would get it back this morning. She says, "You've been home for 5 days without a car and didn't update your blog? And posts from the dog don't count!" She is getting ready to go to a convention for her job and she got her blog updated. Golly, better get busy!
I got the highest of compliments from a girlfriend this week. She sent me an email (thank God for email) with an update of a new email address. Her phone number was on the email.......so I called her. She about dropped the phone. We are internet buddies, and see each other twice a year for scrapbook retreats. We chatted for about 40 minutes. She told me, "I just read your blog. I could hear you talking. I knew it was you." It is not easy to transfer part of yourself into writing. I think I just might be getting it.
For all of you who have girlfriends, take a minute and drop them a line or give them a call. Your girlfriends can be your biggest help and advocates. Take advantage of it.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Well, you were almost right....we talked for 40 mins. Yikes!! (Next time I'll call....it's free for me!) And, it was Dadto's post that I could "hear" you in. Doesn't matter....I made the blog for the 2nd time!!
TTYS girlfriend!!
Sharon
Christy - I can't believe you don't have more comments on this entry. You are such a good writer :) I am soooooo looking forward to vacation and seeing you soon. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday, you just get to relax and drink some cold ones and enjoy!
Post a Comment