Public service announcement: Please do not take this post the wrong way. I love my children. I even enjoy them. But even good things must temporarily come to a halt. Have a margarita with me, please!
Sigh. This is it. This is the last day of freedom. This is the last day for the next 8 weeks that the house will stay picked up and I get some quiet. School gets out today. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. You love yours as well. I've gotten spoiled. Yes, I have a lawn to mow, a house to clean, and very little milk in the fridge. If I decide to tackle those things, I can do it. I am blessed with child-free, quiet time. Thank you teachers, really thank you.
So I stare at a layout, ignore the laundry and the dishes. I listen to some really cool live music from our favorite radio station, Country 95.3. I send short, cryptic emails to the DH containing mindless website references for him to ponder. I read blogs. I ignore the phone ringing. I listen to the birds singing outside my window. I admire the sunshine and I ponder the next 8 weeks. The 8 weeks that the children look forward to. The 8 weeks containing camp and playdates and day trips to cool places and camping and grandparents. And I cringe. And then I adjust my attitude and resolve to enjoy the kids and the summer. And then........ I take a nap.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Christy, I couldn't have said it better myself. It's only day 1 of summer vacation here in my house, and already I'm thinking... 2 more months of this???(just kidding...kinda sorta).
routine change is hard isn't it?
oh and a nap sounds fabulous!!!
I had a margarita with you! In fact TWO - - DH and I went for a long leisurely lunch on the last day of school at a local Cantina "Bella Jacks" - and the waitress didn't have to try too hard to sell us the second round of Strawberry margaritas (all out of Mango) to anaesthetize us for the beginning of summer vacation.
Post a Comment