A woman's purse tells you a lot about her. My mother in law? We always tease her that if there is a natural disaster, we're going to her place. We could live for a month off of what is in her cupboards and pantry. Her purse reflects this part of her personality. If she doesn't have it in her purse, trust me........you don't need it. I love this about her!

My purse? First off, lets go on record here. I hate carrying a purse. Sometimes I sling my phone and my housekey on a lanyard around my neck and go. I finally broke down and bought a small black purse type backpack. You'll notice my cell phone. I am not a pink kinda gal, but I love this phone. The caller ID doesn't work right, but I can always find it. No black case blending in with black purse! So, what is in my bag? No wallet! Here's the list.
oatmeal bars (for small, hungry boys)
asthma inhaler
motrin
hand cleaner
hand lotion
a powder compact
gum
a tampon
a pack of tissues
business cards for my nail tech (referrals get you free services!)
2 miniature penguins
a lip gloss
2 photo CD's
$7.86 in change (love those $2 Canadian coins)
health cards
driver's license
debit card
Air Miles cards
insurance card
Costco/Sams/Blockbuster cards
pink cell phone
band aids


4 comments:
Sheryl at Paper Napkin had bloggers send in pictures of their purses a while ago, you should check it out. Sorry, I'm too lazy to get the link, but if you can't find it I'll email it to you.
I just stumbled on your blog today and I had to laugh. We say the same thing about my mother in law. Her husband claims, if need be, we could restart civilization with what she carries in her purse. For a while she was even carying her purse in a larger tote. A purse in a purse kind of deal. Oh don't even get me started about her house. She is primed for any and all eventualities.
2 miniature penguins? There must be a story there.
I don't carry a purse - I'm a pocket stuffer kind of gal. Cell phone, driver's license and debit card and I'm ready to go.
LMBO, I love the purse contents idea... do I sense a layout coming on??? Your mil sounds like quite the lady! My purse is way too full of random stuff... fun fun idea!
Post a Comment