Wednesday, August 02, 2006

You can get paid to blog?

You get paid to blog? Pardon me for this "Duh" moment I am having. I was reading this blog, http://playgroupdropout.clubmom.com/playgroup_dropout/ just a few minutes ago. I am aware of ads that you can place on your blog to generate income. I know there are bloggers like Dooce, who make a living with their blog. I guess I hadn't really, fully realized that there are companies out there that will pay you to blog. I am in the process of working a few of my entries in to magazine length articles. I have always wanted to be published. But, if I could write from the comfort of my studio and meet a deadline 5 days a week and get paid? Wow, would I like that. So......... what am I going to do about this? I guess I better start some research. Any advice? I don't really want ads on my blog, but I may have to bite the bullet and do it. I guess I'll think long and hard about it.

On another note, if you are in Champaign- Urbana, go get tickets to see The Wizard of Oz, a production by the Bright Lights Theatre Company. (www.brightlightstheatre.org) If you like what you see, please write them a fat check. I'll admit to some shameless nepotism here (is that what it is if you are promoting your own family?). My brother and his amazing wife, Angela are behind this new endeavor. They are working hard, doing something they love, won't you enjoy the fruits of their labor? I'm off to do the mom thing. You may get some cool pics later in the day. Rumor has it that blogger is having upload problems and I'm not about to mess with it. I also seem to have a small, almost 8 year old, extremely tan child gaming on my computer right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeh Christy - I'd heard about that - also some people get "sponsored" with product - and they talk about it on their blog - but you don't know that they just got it free - so it's like word of mouth - but not really. pretty sneaky if you ask me. there are actually a few blogs that I have found by celebrity scrapbookers that are just toooo "promo" for me. I don't mind learning about a good thing once in a while - but all the time....NOT! jenn ps: good luck with your search