I try really hard to stay off of my Soap Box on my blog. It's kinda like being at a party. It is generally considered rude to speak about politics and religion. I am usually a rule follower. Nothing ticks me off faster than those that feel the rules are not for them.
For example......pulling into the school parking lot and letting your kids off right at the entrance rather than parking. Use the kiss and ride or take a parking place!!! It is raining. Don't sit in the entry way where we can't get around you. (oops, sorry- that was last Thursday's soap box)
Sorry- mind wandering there. Back to my soap box and the rules. I, the rule follower, am going to break the rules!
Last night I sat glued to my television, watching 60 Minutes. I shushed my kids for a full hour watching Obama conduct a charming and intelligent interview. I wonder if this is how people felt about Kennedy. I watched MY President Elect thoughtfully and intelligently answer questions about the future. About our Nation's ability to bring about the change needed to get our lives back on track. About a government who is going to keep us informed about what is going on. I heard Obama declare that they were going to fix things. And what happens when something doesn't work? Admit it and try something else.
Refreshing. Inspiring. Almost enough to make me want to move back to the US. Almost.


1 comment:
Almost? :)
Thanks for visiting my blog...
I have a tender spot in my heart for our "neighbors up north." I grew up in Michigan about 15 minutes from the border and have many fond memories of vacationing in Canada, visiting, turing 19, etc. Now I live so far south, I'm close to the other border. I much prefer the North! Blessings, BLL
Post a Comment