I haven't kept up with the daily gratitude post, but today I am grateful that we didn't get the snow that the communities surrounding us did! I read Real Simple Magazine each month from cover to cover. It is one of the few magazines that has gotten "beefier" and not slimmer through the last 12 months.
There is an article in the November issue about gratitude. Did you know the following things about gratitude?
1. It helps you feel in control. Why? Gratitude helps you take credit for the good things that you have in your life.
2. It improves your health. People who keep a running list of the things that they have to be grateful for exercise 33% more each week and sleep a half hour more each night.
3. It helps you cope with trauma. If you are focused on the good things, the bad things take over your head less frequently.
4. It raises self-worth and self-esteem. When you count your blessings, you focus on the things you value the most when life gets difficult.
So, what are you grateful for today?


1 comment:
That's good info. I read Real Simple as well, but I get it from the library so it's always a little behind.
I've managed to stay on track with the gratitude challenge and I agree, it does make you feel more positive. Even when you're just phrasing daily updates with "I'm thankful because"
Post a Comment