Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Bad Sinus Infection and a Bit of Wisdom From Olivia the PIg


Well, I think I might make it. I have never had a sore throat like the one I had last week. I was finally diagnosed with a sinus infection. The Dr. gave me enough amoxicillin to cure a horse. Today I feel human again. We do have a family Dr. as of last week. The wait lists for Dr's in this Province are very long. I had to find a female Dr- which complicated things a bit.

My dad is in the hospital as of Friday. He thought he had the flu and my step-mom finally convinced him to go to the hospital on Friday morning. Turns out his appendix had burst, probably on Tuesday. He is such a stubborn man. He's had some post-surgery complications. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

I spent the weekend scrapbooking with the girls- got a lot done and had a nice break. I'll leave you with a quote from Aaron's favorite book, Olivia- by Ian Falconer. Olivia is a small pig, about age 6. She is quite the handful. At night her mother gives her a kiss and says to her, "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway." Olivia kisses her back and says, "I know, I love you anyway too."

No comments: