Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Of a self-portrait and a planned meeting with my Internet buddies

This is a self portrait. Can you see where I've been? I got the idea from this blog: http://selfportraittuesday.blogspot.com. A great place to go for inspiration and a photography challenge. (I'm not sure why this is formatting so wierd, I don't speak HTML, back to our regularly scheduled sentence) This shows where I land at frequent times during the day. I monitor e-mail, blogs, and my scrapbook message boards. I go away and wash the floor or fold laundry and land here again. I do have a computer in my studio, but it is easier to monitor the kidlets from the kitchen. I don't have to run down a flight of stairs to break up fights or wipe up blood! Please notice the half full (not half empty) container of "round crackers" (ritz). This is part of the problem of having the laptop in the kitchen. I decided at 4:30 that I needed a snack. I got out a portion controlled cheese stick and the crackers. Now I can have 5 crackers and still keep my snack around 120 calories. I was answering e-mail and didn't count out my 5 crackers and put the container away. Before I knew it..... half the container--- as Aaron says "down the hatch." Damn. Dr. Phil would not be happy with me!

On another note, I got an e-mail from my internet friend, Lisa, earlier in the week. Lisa and Weezie and I are carpooling to a retreat in April. Lisa suggested that I come and crop with her and her friends (including Weezie) and then spend the night. Hallelujah! I soooo need a break. Then my brain started working. Hey, Lisa lives in St. Thomas. So does my new internet friend, Nancy. Maybe I can hook up with Nancy while I'm there. So, plans have been made. I'll crop on Friday, have breakfast with Nancy on Saturday and then go to a make n take that Nancy is teaching at her sister's store--- Cut N Paste. My DH is taking Friday off of work. He can pick up the kidlets. I think I'll leave town about 1:00. I'll take a leisurely drive and slowly decompress. Not a moment too soon. I'll meet some more of my Internet friends and I will be intensely happy. Pictures will follow soon!

And... on yet another note- I just went down to the kitchen to get a website reference off of the laptop. DH had the fridge open and was staring into the depths of it. I said, "Why don't you eat the homemade salsa before the avocado in it spoils?" He got it out, grabbed the scoops chips and started eating. I grabbed a chip and scooped up some myself. Man, too good. He says, "don't you have some blogging to do?" Which translates to "get your stinking hands out of my salsa" I'm glad I speak DH!

2 comments:

agent713 said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! I would love to join you. How come Canada is so stinkin' huge???? I mean it's what? A six day drive? :P
Have a great time!
~Heidi in BC

Elaine said...

My laptop is in my kitchen, too -- where it's been for the past six months -- for the same reasons you listed. Which explains why I've gained weight in the past six months. Maybe I need to put it out of reach of the food, even though it would be much less convenient...

Huh? Get off the computer? WHY!? LOL

--Elaine in AL