I just turned the dishwasher on, let the dog out, got out clothes for tomorrow, and set the coffee for the morning. The Princes went to bed about 7:40 after much wailing and gnashing of teeth about... brushing teeth. What are the magic mommy words to put a stop to this? "If you don't brush right now, no sweets tomorrow." Works every time. So, I come back upstairs to hear much frivolity coming from their bedroom. They've been together in the same room from the beginning. At one point, I thought it might be too traumatic to separate them. Why are they in the same room now? Because I have too much "scrap crap" and I need my own room. Here are some photos

of what I saw not 2 minutes ago when I entered the roo

m. I don't get too upset about them not going to sleep right away. They often talk and giggle for a few minutes before they sleep. This can be the only time of the day when they aren't killing each other, so I tend to let them alone. If you wait a few minutes, it suddenly gets

quiet.

Here's why. So, in the space of only a few minutes, all is quiet for perhaps the first time since 7 am this morning. I look at these precious, sleeping princes and remind myself how blessed I am. How good it is to be "the queen". I leave you with the final words of one of my favorite pieces of writing, The Desiderata. "...in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace with your soul."