Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Speed Scrap

What the hell is a speed scrap? For those of you not involved in the scrapbooking world..........a speed scrap involves digital scrapbooking. A challenge is issued to meet at a certain time. We all log into a message board (curious? see my blinkie on the left for Nicole's board) and then into a chat room. A hostess issues 7 instructions within an hour. Here's the directions we got last night.

Step 1. Choose 1 picture… have it take up ¾ of the page. You can place it anywhere.

Step 2. Choose 4 papers… 1 worn or torn, 2 patterned and 1 notebook.

Step 3. Tear or cut a piece of paper into a strip of any size and shape.

Step 4. Hang something in your layout. It can be a tag, string, picture, etc.

Step 5. Use a glitter swirl somewhere in the layout.

Step 6. Use a minimum of 3 of the following in your layout: ribbon, hearts, staples, flowers and leaves. You can use all if you want.

Step 7. Add a line of journaling and date. Save your layout, upload it to the gallery and link it back here. You have one hour, plus 15 minutes grace to upload.

We chat back and forth while we scrapbook. There is a fair amount of teasing and goofiness going on during the chat. People log in and out as they tend to kids (and husbands), and dogs and the phone. I did this last week and I wasn't really happy with the results. This week? I'm totally outside the box and I LOVE the layout that resulted.

speed scrap 3-1 - Page 001

The kit is from Amber at Stolen Moments Design. It's called Sophisticated Grunge. It was perfect for this challenge and Amber was actually scrapping with us at the time!

I'll be back later with the 365 photo of the day.

1 comment:

Ellay said...

Great job on the speed scrap! I missed Nicole's last one, but I felt so bummed about it, that I have vowed to rearrange my schedule for the next one.. :) Totally addicted!