Saturday, April 08, 2006

Of a lazy blogger and an Unusual group of scrapbooking parents in the GTA

So....here I sit, on the couch in the family room, laptop in my lap. I have been systematically looking through my list of blogs to see what has been updated. It occurred to me that I am guilty of not updating my own blog. I am way too lazy to go up to the 2nd floor and blog properly, so no lovely photos this evening. I took the kids bowling this afternoon. 5 pins and a ball the size of a grapefruit. Max beat me all 3 games. Bailey is laying behind me with his head on my shoulder. He spent the day being ticked off because he didn't get walked this morning. To add insult to injury, Snoopy walked by, broadcasting the fact that her people aren't too lazy to walk her. Bailey was not happy. I've been following the news reports of the tornadoes in the U.S. I hope all of you are all right. I do not miss living in Tornado Alley! On another note, I finally got my hands on a copy of a layout/design book from Close To My Heart. It is called Cherish. If you are a scrapper, you need this book. Nuff' said.

Yesterday, I found the following article in the Toronto Star. http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1144187410670 I phoned the social worker quoted in the article. I talked to Eden for about 20 minutes. It looks like I will be helping to coordinate a donation of scrapbook supplies for the group. If you are in the GTA and you have stuff to donate, drop me a comment and I'll get back to you. I have a large box of stickers and paper sitting in my studio right now. I'll try to drop it all off this week. Be well and be happy.

2 comments:

agent713 said...

Christy, have you heard of the best invention in the world??? It's called "feedblitz" www.feedblitz.com

You can subscribe to any blog you want to and everytime it is updated, they just email you. I have it set so all the updates come in one convenient email daily. Right now I have 44 blogs that I am subscribed to. There is no. way. that I would sit and check each of those on a regular basis. This way I never miss an entry though!!!

Try it. It's even better then sliced bread ;)

~Heidi...unofficial feedblitz ambassador

Anonymous said...

That's terrific Christy! Thanks for sharing the link to the article. I'll be passing the link on to friends and family; my gr-nephew was a patient at Sick Kids not too long ago, in fact, was featured on the program "Little Miracles" ~ Nancy