
This is my bedside table at 7:15, when I awoke in a panic because it wasn't 7. It is always interesting to see what I'm reading. Angels and Demons is for the weekend at the lake.

7:45 a.m.- Max does some last minute homework at the kitchen table. He complains about the grooves in the table, but polishes off a page of math. I have to look up on the net what a cuboid is. (anyone? shape of a cereal box)

8:20 a.m.- Aaron locates his library book and packs his bag for school.

8:30- While they are waiting for Aaron to get ready, Max and his friend play with Tamagotchi electronic toys.

10:00 a.m. After walking the kids to school and stopping for a cup of tea with the girls, I head to the grocery store and then to Value Village. (an upscale thrift store) After trying on 15 pairs of shorts and jeans, I find nothing. (who do they make these clothes for? a 10 is too small and a 12 is too big) Max scores some cool stuff.

1:30 p.m. I stop to gas up the car. This is the price per litre at 1:30. By the time we leave town at 7 p.m.- it is 95.8 cents a litre. Gas prices in Ontario are really crazy. You gotta love my little Saturn though- it only took $30 to fill it. Craig's tank takes almost $80.

6:15 p.m. Craig arrives home after fighting rush hour in Toronto. We put his car in the now-clean garage. The heavens part and the angels sing at this amazing feat. Please notice the beautiful shelves on the walls. (we don't pay him the big bucks for nothing!)

6:45 p.m. Craig packs the car for the weekend. How do we get this much stuff for a 2 day weekend? We are still adjusting to packing a station wagon rather than a van, but if we show up with a roof rack, they will think we are moving in! This is another time when I am grateful to be married to an engineer with good spacial sense. He packs it in very quickly and symmetrically I might add. (Once again, this is why we pay him the big bucks)

7:15 p.m. A shot through the windshield at the skyline. I couldn't resist this- gotta love this camera!

9:10 p.m. Craig and Chuck share a bottle of wine and a few stories in the kitchen at the cottage on Lake Simcoe.

9:30 p.m. The boys finally pass out. After discovering that I didn't bring the tripod, I head outside to take the following photo.

9:40 p.m. Moonlight reflecting on Lake Simcoe. Pretty good with no tripod, eh? It was a gorgeous night. The frogs were singing and the water lapped slowly against the shore. I've been up here just about every summer for most of my life. Man, nothing like it.


2 comments:
Your gas is only 101.2? Ours (in BC) is hovering at 112.9 and that's the cheapest you can get. In Vancouver it's closer to 120.9!!!
~Heidi...who has A&D on her bedside table too...
wow, awesome pic of the lake! I haven't had a chance to get our vacation photos posted anywhere yet, I'm in NJ for work this week. I love this post, what a great idea!
Post a Comment