Thursday, May 04, 2006

Brain dead mama

Color-coding. Along with bribery, is a mom's best friend. In our house, Max has things that are red and Aaron's things are blue. This goes for toothbrushes, towels, etc. I even bought them cereal bowls and cups in their own color. This system works well for determining who left his towel on the floor or who hasn't brushed his teeth. This brings us to the lunch bags. Max decided that he liked the design of the blue bag. He pulled rank and told Aaron "You take the red one". Aaron was fine with this. However, this requires me to think when I am packing lunches. I have to remember to put the correct food in the correct bag. I instinctively reach for the red one for Max and have to correct myself. Not good for the auto-pilot mode!

Max's language has gotten rather colorful recently. Yesterday, Aaron was dilly-dallying while getting out of the car. I gave up on him and starting carrying groceries in. Max got him out of the car and then told him, "Now close the damn door." He turned around to find me behind him. I couldn't scold him- I was thinking the same, damn thing! Today on the playground, Max was swinging around in circles, attached to a baby swing. He calls out, "One more time and I'm going to hurl." I nodded and then did a "brain rewind". I asked the mom next to me, "Did he just say he was gonna hurl?" She nodded, she heard it as well. Since when does the word "hurl" get included in his vocabulary? He is ready for high school and I am still fretting about the choice of grade 3 teachers!

I have been feeling really sluggish and out of it for the past 2 weeks. This morning, in the shower, I started to think about it. (best place to think, in my opinion) Hmmm, too much coffee, not enough water, carb-fests, not walking, up until 11:30 at night. It's no wonder I don't feel good! So, today. I walked 1.2 miles, ate 3 servings of vegies, and drank 3 glasses of water. We'll see what tomorrow brings, but I am a bit more alert today. Holy moly- I just looked at the clock. I must get 2 small boys to bed. Aaron is soaking off the dirt right now. I never cease to wonder how he gets so friggin' dirty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't realized what a fantastic writer, sense of humour, character you are! What a riot reading your blog.Thanks for the chuckles,I'll be returning to stay tuned!!!
JO