Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Of a mama whose position in the "mom poll" is slipping

Do you remember in an earlier post, where I claimed to be brain dead? It's getting worse. Last night, I glanced at the calendar to check the location of Max's baseball game. We headed off to Pilgrim Wood, a whole 5 blocks from the house, just on time. When we got there, Max took one look at the uniforms represented and said, "wrong field, Mom." Do you think I had the schedule or the map of ball parks in the car? Nope. Had to run home, check the schedule and head all the way downtown to a field with limited parking at 6:15- the tail end of rush hour. He missed the first part of his game. My ratings in the mom polls are slipping.

Today, I got Aaron halfway to the Dr. (I finally remembered to call her about the rash on his ears, only 3 days late), and realized I didn't have his health card. We got there and I left the stupid thing in the car! I am still learning how to get to places around here. I don't take directions or a map because I am just familiar enough with the area that I think I know where I am going. Not so fast, smarty-pants- no you don't! I hate being late and I hate traffic even more. Today was a 2 chocolate bar day.

On another note, thanks to all of you who call or e-mail when I disappear for a few days. My friend, Jen, called today to check on me. A life-long friend mentioned today in a mother's day card (damn, I knew I forgot something- Jef- it will be late, sorry!) how much she enjoyed reading my blog. She can see what the little angels are up to, all the way from Colorado!

And, as if I don't have enough to do this week, I am trying something new. My cyber-friend (is that a word?), Susan Kueter is running a challenge on her blog. On the 12th of each month, you take 12 photos and turn them into a layout. Then you post it on your blog. She will link the different layouts on her blog. This is a fabulous chance for us to get a look at other people's lives. Do you like reality TV? Come on, admit it, there is one show you watch. Really. (I admit to being fond of Wife Swap and the Supernanny) This is the blog form of reality. This is a glimpse of 12 photos taken by lots of different women. This documents the nitty-gritty. The late for baseball and the price of your coffee. The dog covered with mud and the lawn that hasn't been mowed. Her blog address is: www.susankeuter.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. Look for the April 15 posts for last months episode. You can contact her if you want to join in.

Well, aren't we wordy tonight? Maybe being tired helps the train of thought? I'll leave you with a photo that I am sure I can use for girlfriend blackmail down the road. How hilarious is it to put your underwear on your head? Especially when it was on your own bum not 2 minutes prior. I don't know----- but Aaron does!

No comments: