I saw Paul Simon on the Sunday Morning show this morning. It was good to hear his music again. I was reminded of how old I am getting though. If he is in his 50's- yowsa. Another indicator of my age was an article in Good Housekeeping, May issue. It is called "Say What? A glossary of teen slang." I don't have any friends in this age group, other then our babysitter. We don't have these conversations. Care to know what "chillaxin" means? It is a combo of chillin' and relaxin'. Or how about "Crunk"? Crazy + Drunk = crunk. I think I've resembled that remark at some point of my life!
We had a "yes" weekend. Every once in a while, I answer "yes" to whatever the boys request. It's usually because I am worn out and tired of saying "no". Sometimes I do it to get their reaction. Thus, Max had a pop tart, Lucky charms and Sunny D for breakfast. When he asked for a root beer float at 10 a.m.- he got that as well. Fortunately, Aaron asked for eggs and toast. Max is much less hyped on sugar than Aaron is. In fact, Aaron didn't even notice the root beer float. He was playing with these...........
These are mini-cons. Miniature transformers that are much easier to change than the big ones. They also fit in your pocket if you happen to be a small boy. He has talked about them incessantly since he got them yesterday. He even showed them to the minister this morning. I had to tell him, "Let mommy have some coffee before we talk about these things ad-nauseum."


No comments:
Post a Comment