
Well, you know you are in Canada when........ you celebrate Victoria Day. This is the day to honor Queen Victoria's birthday. It is also the unofficial start to Summer. It is usually celebrated on or before the 24th of May. Thus, it is "May 2-4", Canadian slang for a case of beer. It is customary to celebrate with fireworks. The DH was in 7th heaven. Beer and fireworks..... too much fun.
A good part of the neighborhood was outside, swapping beers and stories and fireworks. I was told by our neighbor, Brian, that the way to save for retirement is to p
ut all the money that you get from returning your beer bottles into a Mason jar! I usually use it to buy more beer. The kids had a rolling good time as well. Aaron is rather fond of a little girl that lives down the street from us. I was alerted to a photo opp. by the other parents. I know I am becoming more Canadian. I replied, "Watch my beer, eh?" as I dashed off to get the photo!Upon arriving home, the boys were cutting up. They were tired and we had a few too many beers. Just look at how big they are getting! When did that happen?


1 comment:
We have a new radio station in town. The morning DJ is from Ontario. He's been calling it the "May 2-4 weekend" all week. That is NOT a common term around my neck of the woods. I brought it up this weekend with my Mom and brother and we all agree that it is driving us nuts :)
Glad to hear you had fun though. Fireworks are almost illegal in our town (they're working on passing it) so we only get them at Halloween. That's cool that you guys can have them in May too.
~Heidi
Post a Comment